CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSE INFORMATION
The following is a listing of continuing education information. If you have questions concerning this information, you can
e-mail to DOI.ContEd@nebraska.gov. If you have problems accessing these forms, e-mail the
Have questions concerning producer or agency licensing or continuing education matters?
Check our Frequently Asked Questions.
for more information on significant changes for Nebraska licensees.
Long-Term Care Partnership web page
Approved Annuity Suitability Training Courses
An insurance producer who holds a life insurance line of authority on the July 19, 2012 operative date of LB 887, who desires to solicit the sale of annuity products shall complete, within six months after July 19, 2012, a one-time four-credit training course approved by the Nebraska Department of Insurance and provided by a Nebraska-approved continuing education provider.
Course Lookup with Offerings
An insurance producer who obtains a life insurance line of authority on or after the July 19, 2012 operative date of LB 887, who desires to solicit the sale of annuity products, shall complete a one-time four-credit training course approved by the Nebraska Department of Insurance and provided by a Nebraska-approved continuing education provider prior to soliciting the sale of an annuity products.
Approved programs (Seminars/Workshops/Webinars) sponsored by various organizations that are open to all agents and held in the Nebraska area. Included within this listing are the Independent Study, National courses (such as CLU, CPCU, LUTC, etc.), College and University Courses and a comprehensive company listing.
Prelicensing Approved Provider List
Included within this listing are the sponsors that have been approved to provide prelicensing courses. See
for Producer examination details.
Information for prelicensing education providers
Information for continuing education providers
regarding exam requirements for self study courses
We are enforcing the NAIC Recommended Guidelines regarding exams for online courses which include all of the following:
Final Assessment (exam) Criteria:
- Minimum of 25 questions for courses of 4 hours or less and a score of 70% or greater
- Minimum of 50 questions for courses that are 5 hours or more and a score of 70% or greater
- At least enough questions to fashion a minimum of 2 versions with at least 50% of questions being new/different in each subsequent version
- Inability to print the exam or to launch the exam prior to reviewing material
- Impartial "disinterested third party" - proctor/monitor who verifies identity and processes affidavit testifying the student received no outside assistance. This would be an individual with no family or financial relationship to the student.
We are applying these same requirements to all self study courses including CBT, Internet or Self Study.
Instructions for Continuing Education Providers
Continuing Education Guidelines and Procedures for Submitting Courses for Approval
NAIC Uniform Continuing Education Reciprocity Course Guidelines- CE Course Guidelines & Formula
NAIC Uniform Continuing Education Reciprocity Course Filing Form
Nebraska Continuing Education Evaluation Form
Nebraska Affidavit of Course Completion
When submitting a course for approval, please submit the
- NAIC Uniform Continuing Education Reciprocity Course
- Home State Approval, if available
- Detailed Course Outline
- $50 Course Filing Fee